In Cherry Hill NJ sisal carpet is growing in popularity because of its rustic look and its earth-friendliness. Other benefits of sisal carpet include:
- It’s naturally stain-resistant, so it doesn’t require any chemical treatments that may be harmful to children and pets.
- It repels dust and static electricity.
- It absorbs sound better than other carpeting material.
- It’s naturally flame-resistant.
- It can be combined with other natural fibers such as wool or sea grass.
Sisal carpet and rugs are made from the fibers of a cactus plant native to Africa and Brazil. These fibers are cut, dried and treated to produce twine that can then be woven into rugs. Just like hemp and coir, sisal provides durability that most manmade materials can’t match. Because of its durability, sisal doesn’t show the wear patterns common in wall-to-wall carpeting.
Let the experts at Floor Coverings International in Cherry Hill NJ help you find a sisal carpet that’s just right for you and your home. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation.
You might also be interested in: